Make sure you've enabled ACH payments through Stripe.
Here are a few things to note about ACH payments:
- ACH payments take up to 5 business days to receive acknowledgment of their success or failure
- When created, ACH charges will have the initial status of pending. A pending balance transaction will immediately be created reflecting the payment amount, less the Stripe fee
- You will not see ACH payments in Salesforce until they have successfully cleared
- During the next 4 business days, the payment will either transition to succeeded or failed depending on the customer’s bank
- Failed ACH payments will reverse the pending balance transaction created
- Successful ACH payments will be reflected in your Stripe available balance after 7 business days, at which point the funds are available for automatic or manual transfer to your bank account
Your donor will see the payment reflected on their bank statement 1-2 days after creating the charge. (Your donor will know the payment succeeded before the bank notifies you via Stripe.)
Failures can happen for a number of reasons such as insufficient funds, a bad account number, or the customer disabling debits from their bank account.