Give Lively Nonprofit Members can setup Text-to-Donate functionality in minutes. Here's how to do it.
1. Sign in to the Nonprofit Admin Portal.
2. Click the "Text Codes" tab in the menu on the top of the page.
3. Create a text code that donors can easily enter on their phone.
- Text codes can be letters, numbers, or any combination of the two.
- They must be 5 characters or more, and, unlike passwords, they are not case sensitive.
- Good examples are "HELPKIDS", "5K2017", and "PAJAMAWALK".
- You can create as many codes as you want for as many campaigns as you want.
- Codes are unique across Give Lively's platform. We will let you know if your code has already been taken by another organization using Smart Donations.
4. Your text code is now linked to your organization's primary Smart Donations page. Continue below to link your text code to one of your Campaign Pages and launch the Smart Donations Live display.
5. Click "Campaign Pages" in the top menu then click "View" on the campaign you would like to link to your text code.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the next page and click "Link A Text-to-Donate Code" then select the text code you'd like to use
- Whenever you create new text codes, they will appear in the menu. You can change a page's text code (or add a new text code to a page) anytime on this page.
7. At your event, connect a computer to a large TV or projector and visit your fundraising page's URL. In the URL, replace the word "donate" with "donations". For example, if you're fundraising page's URL is:
then your URL for your new live interactive display will be:
8. Use Smart Donations Live to inspire donors to give via Text-to-Donate. Project the Live display to track contributions in real-time and motivate donors to keep giving. Then watch the dollar flow directly to your cause.
- If you haven't customized your Smart Donations page yet, do that now to optimize the mobile donation experience for your donors. Learn how.